The BIG Difference Between Buying on PRICE and Investing in VALUE
When calling a Miami DJ service, the first question many people ask is, “How much do you charge?” There is no single answer to this question because of the variety of factors involved, such as:
- Event Type, Date, Location, Duration, and Number of Guests Attending
- Talent, Skill and Experience of DJ in Your Type of Event (e.g., wedding specialist)
- Quality of Sound/Lighting Equipment
- Entertainment Package and Additional Options Selected by Client
- Time Spent Planning Event with Client in Advance
- Company’s Liability Insurance and Professional Memberships
It’s Sad but True
The DJ is often one of the last elements budgeted for, which later proves to be a tragic mistake. After all, does a veggie platter or an ice sculpture really add greater value than the most crucial ingredient of the party — your entertainment?
It’s the DJ who most likely has the greatest effect on the overall enjoyment of your event. Those who set out to find the cheapest rate possible are setting themselves up for disappointment.
You are making a significant financial investment in your special occasion. Ask yourself: Are you willing to gamble with an inexperienced, uninsured DJ who may use consumer equipment, have a small music collection and little skill on the microphone?
What a Great DJ Adds to Your Event
Like most things in life, you get what you pay for. A great DJ not cheap and a cheap DJ rarely good! Your DJ, if you have chosen a really good one, will contribute greatly to your guests enjoyment, which encourages them to stay longer. A Professional Wedding Disc Jockey will display many of the following skills and attributes before and during your event:
- Master of Ceremonies
- Music Mixer/Programmer with the ability to select songs based on your guest demographics
- Extensive music library covering multiple genres
- High quality professional equipment
- Itinerary Planner/Coordinator
- Sound/Lighting technician
- Flexibility to adapt to sudden changes and requests
When was the last time you heard someone say, “Boy, the chicken at that wedding was phenomenal. I can’t wait to attend another for some more chicken!” Seriously, people don’t say those types of things. What they do talk about is the music that was played and whether or not they had fun at the event.
WARNING: Have you ever seen an inexperienced or incompetent DJ with second-rate equipment and music ruin a special celebration? If you have, then we know that we are “preaching to the choir” but if you haven’t . . . Don’t let this happen to you!
For more tips on how to hire the right DJ for your Wedding, please contact one of our Wedding Specialist at 305-260-4480 | 954-434-9697 or Request Information here.
This article was written by Stacy Zemon, a DJ industry leader and an expert on the business. For more information visit: http:ProMobileDJ.com