It seems like now-a-days everything that is old is new again. Take for instance fashion. Today’s young adults are embracing the look their parents wore 10, 15, 20 years ago. How about Music? Ever heard of a band called Journey who’s song “Don’t Stop Believin” is on every Bride & Grooms playlist.
One style of music that we have seen make a resurgence is “Retro” or as it was called back in the day, “New Wave”. Groups like Depeche Mode, Erasure, Soft Cell, Human League and New Order are showing up on Brides & Grooms requests list more often than today’s popular music.
We’ve gone through our playlists submitted by Brides and Grooms recently and have come up with Top 10 most requested “Retro” or “New Wave songs. Add them to your list and see your dance floor explode no matter the age.
- Bizarre Love Triangle – New Order
- Tainted Love – Soft Cell
- Just Can’t Get Enough – Depeche Mode
- A Little Respect – Erasure
- Don’t You Want Me Baby – The Human League
- Take on Me – A-Ha
- Sweet Dreams – Eurythmics
- Don’t You Forget About Me – Simple Minds
- Situation – Yaz (Yazoo)
- I Melt With You – Modern English
- Bonus – White Wedding – BIlly Idol
How well can you identify New Wave hits from the 1980’s? Take this fun 80s New Wave audio quiz and find out, then post your scores.
For more information on how our DJ will incorporate your requests contact us at 954-434-9697