Few wedding moments are more touching than the Father Daughter dances. The best father daughter dances will have all the right elements: It’s something sweet and meaningful that’s great to dance to. But finding the perfect choice among all the father-daughter dance songs out there can be tricky. You’re looking to encapsulate the special relationship you share with you dad—and let’s face it, there are a lot of songs that start out endearing but quickly take a turn for the awkward once it becomes clear the lyrics are about a different kind of relationship.
Below is our list of our tried and true Father Daughter Dance songs compiled from hundreds of weddings we perform at every year.
- I Loved Her First – Heartland
- My Little Girl (from My Friend Flicka) – Tim McGraw
- My Girl – The Temptations
- Butterfly Kisses – Bob Carlisle
- What A Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong
- My Wish – Rascal Flatts
- Cinderella – Steven Curtis Chapman
- The Way You Look Tonight – Frank Sinatra
- In My Life – The Beatles
- Father and Daughter – Paul Simon
- Walk With You – Edwin McCain
- Over the Rainbow – Israel Kamakawiwo’ole
- Because You Loved Me – Céline Dion
- Unforgettable (Duet with Nat “King” Cole) – 2000 Digital Remaster – Nat King Cole
- Isn’t She Lovely – Stevie Wonder
- Just Fishin’ – Trace Adkins
- Dance with My Father – Radio Version – Luther Vandross
- Landslide – Fleetwood Mac
- Daughters – John Mayer
- It Won’t Be Like This for Long – Darius Rucker
Listen to the songs below via our Spotify playlist.