We are pleased to bring you this guest blog post by Teresa Fernandez from Simply Couture Weddings & Events[separator top=”10″ bottom=”10″ style=”single”]
I am sure if you are on social media or are in the bridal world “know”, you have seen the eruption of mixed (mostly positive) reviews on the wedding of Solange Knowles. Well, her trend of incorporating a cape into bridal fashion is one of the few up and coming trends for the Miami 2015 brides. Usually trends come and go, ebb and flow, but for 2015, I feel these fabulous few will stand strong:
The Wedding Cape: Of course Solange seemed to “start” the trend, but prior to Solange, the bridal runways were rocking with the wedding cape. These capes come in a variety of lengths and textures like ethereal sheer silk, detailed lace or embellished, and even a strong felt-wool or matching wedding dress material. This fashion forward inspiration is trending all over and creating quite a buzz for 2015 brides. Want to make a bold fashion statement? Not the traditional bride? Wanting to step it up a notch? Don a cape! Vogue, watch out! (photo inspiration below via Pinterest)
- Pastels: With a pastel blue making a small comeback, the pretty pastels are having their moment for Spring 2015. Whether pink or blush, pale blue, or mint, even the lightest shade of lavender–if it’s your thing, try it! Don’t be afraid.. it could work and end up as your final selection. The only question I hear from my brides is, “What do the bridesmaids wear then?” The maids can do a slate grey or a fashionable ivory or white in a similar or contrasting material and style– think outside the box, always!
- Tulle skirts: With a few celebrities donning these lovely bubbly pieces for their own weddings, we have seen this trend grow immensely. They are fun, flirty, and playful and every bride wants to be one of the three, right? If you don’t have the guts to go full-fledged tulle skirt (in white, ivory or blush) then you can always see if you dress designer has the optional tulle skirt add on to the dress as a two-piece wedding gown. You get two dresses in one–fancy for ceremony, relaxed and simple for reception. Voila! Carrie Bradshaw at her finest– be sure you have a wedding planner here, though–you may need restroom assistance!
- Collars: High collar wedding gowns are also another bold move for 2015. Sleek, modern, and stunning. Check out some photos below for inspiration.
- Sexy backs: Whether sheer, embellished, lace, or fully bare, the back is BACK. 2015 wedding gowns are open and begging for “back” attention. If you are into beautiful photos and have a glorious, in shape back– this may be the trend for you!
- Roaring 20’s and 30’s: Gatsby is STILL in– whether you like to believe so or not. Wanting something simplistic, and form fitting with a cap sleeve? This is for you. Do you love the look of beading, silk, and lace goodness? The roaring 20’s gowns being created for 2015 are all the rave. See some photos below for inspiration.
As 2014 is coming to a close, we are waving goodbye to off the shoulder necklines, naked lace, and crop top gowns and welcome in capes, jackets, tulle, collars, and backs!
Need assistance with what is the most flattering for your shape? Contact us;
Simply Couture Weddings & Events
Teresa Fernandez ring: 561.310.6756 write: teresa@simplycoutureweddings.